Breakfast is the most urgent meeting of the day in my mind when I am yawning a million times in my faded pyjamas (they are real people) and stretching my arms willing my body to recharge quickly so I can get my tired body to the kitchen .No matter how late I wake up, I always have my breakfast .I am a firm devotee in breakfast and cannot function without it.
This semester I decided to give Greek yoghurt Pancakes a chance and it was worth it:
¾ cup plain Greek yoghurt (I prefer Keefalos – yet to check out Dendairy)
½ cup flour ( Gloria)
1 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- Add yoghurt into a small bowl and stir until smooth .Crack the egg into the yoghurt mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
- In another bowl ,mix together the flour and baking soda( I do not add baking soda because I hate it )
- Add the yoghurt and egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine
- Spoon the batter onto a non-stick pan heated to low medium
- Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface .Cook until golden brown