Schools are closed and the Easter Holiday is around the corner…..Here is something that could keep the whole family indoors.
Pasta is fantastic!
You can actually have this salad as your main meal.
You’re getting your protein from the tuna, your carbs/ starch from the pasta and your minerals from the vegetables and fruit. You may opt to add the salad dressing or omit it…..it’s all about one’s preference.
400g cooked pasta screws
2 cooked carrots, cubed
1 big cucumber, deseeded and cubed
1 tin, tuna in oil/brine, drained
1 apple, cubed
a squeeze of lemon juice
Basil leaves (optional)
1 tomato, cubed
Garlic and Vinegar Salad dressing
Large bowl, Chopping board, Sharp knife
1. Put your cooked and cooled pasta screws in a bowl.
2. Drain the tuna and add it to the pasta.
3. Core and cube your apple. Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice
to prevent it from discoloring.
4. Add the cooked carrot, the deseeded cubed cucumber, tomato,
apple and onion.
5. Give everything a gentle mix until evenly incorporated.
6. Drizzle the salad dressing just before serving.
5-6 Servings, prep time 10min